- Shearman & Sterling, a legal firm with an extensive global footprint, needed on-premises support in the Middle East.
- Shearman & Sterling could not find a local partner to meet their business needs.
- Adapting to their specific requirement, CDW combined on-site support with a break-fix contract.
- CDW’s services are delivered by UK-sourced and trained engineers.
- Shearman & Sterling’s team are free to focus on legal advisory services, not IT challenges.
Shearman & Sterling has been advising many of the world's leading corporations and financial institutions, governments and governmental organisations for more than 135 years. The firm has a strong international presence, with offices in North America, Latin America, Europe, The Middle East and Asia.
The Middle East offers exciting opportunities for professional services companies. With strong demand for legal services, firms with a global footprint such as Shearman & Sterling are making the astute decision to expand into this market. As Shearman & Sterling built up their team in the UAE, it became clear that while there wasn’t a business case for placing a full-time IT support team on site, there was a big reliance on technology in almost every area of the daily running of the business and the need to partner with an organisation to help support the IT aspects of the region.
Working with CDW
Corporations and financial institutions approach Shearman & Sterling for its exceptional advisory capability, with a global reach. This means that a consistent standard of operational execution, anywhere in the world, are business critical to the firm.
Solution: Onsite Support and Break-Fix Services
The goal for Shearman & Sterling was to provide all users with a reliable and efficient IT infrastructure which would support their business demands, without the distraction of IT issues. A key priority was to have support locally in the UAE to address ‘hands-on’ issues, with the capability to repair devices and infrastructure components at short notice.
To achieve the correct balance of secure uptime within a cost effective model, CDW proposed the provision of its dedicated engineering resources - accredited by HP, IBM, Cisco and Microsoft - for two days per week. The CDW team works directly with the Shearman & Sterling global IT Helpdesk to ensure that their UAE oice enjoys the same level of care as other larger Shearman & Sterling offices.
CDW Middle East - Maintenance Services:
- Comprehensive hardware support
- UK-sourced and trained engineers
- Four- and eight-hour SLA-driven response times
- HP, IBM and Cisco break fix services
- CDW operations based in Dubai
- Services operate in major cities including Doha, Bahrain and Abu Dhabi
Further Middle East Services:
- Product fulfilment: managed door-to-door service
- On-site engineering: dedicated engineering resources accredited by HP, IBM, Cisco and Microsoft
- Helpdesk services: 24 x 7 x 365 helpdesk operates across the region
- Project management: Prince II accredited practitioners provide full design, integration, installation and implementation service