Technical Consultant (Unified Workspace)
Closing date: 14 March 2018
Location: Work From Home
Ref Num: 3201
CDW UK seeks enthusiastic and motivated Technical Consultant to join the team.
Are you looking for a challenging role where you will be responsible for providing System Centre Configuration Management (SCCM) expertise from design to customer handover?
• Experienced with Microsoft technologies and passionate about delivering business solutions to customers?
• An excellent communicator with conflict resolution skills?
• A team player, who is detail and quality orientated?
If so, the Recruitment team wants to hear from you by noon on 09 February 2018!
The primary responsibility of the role will be to provide System Center Configuration Management (SCCM) expertise from design to customer handover. Typical responsibilities will include:
• Intimate knowledge and proficiency in Windows client operating systems (Windows 10 Versions 1511, 1607, 1702 & Windows 8.1, Windows 7 Sp1), components and tools, such as Windows registry, drivers, Sysprep, System Image Manager, Windows System Image Manager, WinPE, OS Activation, policies, ADK, MDT, SCCM OSD, etc.
• Advanced experience of unattended OS installations (Microsoft SCCM OSD & MDT technologies)
• Command line tools, utilities, and scripting – including creation and debugging of scripts (VBScript, AutoIt, Powershell, etc.), WMI objects and batch files.
• User profile management through policies / registry changes
• Advanced knowledge of disk partitioning with related imaging tools such as Ghost, ImageX / WIM, DISM, and processes to restore computers, troubleshoot issues, and define best practices
• Experience with application packaging tools and related installation formats, such as MSI, Install Shield and Wise Installer
• Troubleshooting issues with application packaging
• Windows Server, Linux OS and server hardware experience a plus
• Develops complex technical solutions for system images and applications
Knowledge and Experience
The main purpose of the role will be to design, implement and configure SCCM solutions. You must be experienced with relevant Microsoft technologies including the following:
• Deep expertise in Microsoft SCCM
• App Packaging (App-V, Scripted Installs, MSI)
• Good PowerShell Skills
• Expert Level knowledge of Windows Desktop OS (7 – 10)
• Enterprise Level deployment of Windows Desktop & Server OS
• Knowledge of Microsoft Intune
• Some knowledge of Microsoft EMS suite would be beneficial
• MCSA: Windows 10
• MCSE: Mobility
• MCSA: Windows Server 2012/2016 (beneficial)
• Multiple SCCM Deployments (1000+ Users)
• Experience in App Packaging and OS Image Deployment
Please note, your application will be retained for a period of six months. After this period it will be removed from our systems.
To apply for this position, please click ‘Apply Now' and send your CV and a covering letter.