Technical Consultant (Networking & Security)
Closing date: 16 November 2018
Location: Work From Home
Ref Num: A4640/A4641
CDW UK seeks enthusiastic and motivated Technical Consultant to join the team.
Are you looking for a new development opportunity where you will be responsible for executing networking and security projects?
Do you have:
• A proven track record of delivering consistently high-quality solutions to clients?
• Relevant and current accreditations and certifications – Network/Security/Data Centre/Collaboration?
• Exceptional client-facing skills, able to build confidence and trust?
• Motivation to satisfy clients’ and coworkers’ requests in a responsive and professional manner?
If so, the Recruitment team wants to hear from you on 16 November 2018!
The Technical Consultant is responsible for executing networking and security projects including the design, implementation, health-checks, testing and troubleshooting. The primary responsibility of the role will be to provide networking & security expertise from design through to customer handover.
Download the job spec here for information on expected duties.
Knowledge and Experience
You will have proven and demonstrable experience in designing, implementing and configuration of diverse and complex networking solutions.
Essential Qualifications (Cisco plus 2 of 4)
• CCNP R&S and/or CCNP SEC (current)
• Palo Alto ACE
• HPE ASE - FlexNetwork Solutions
• Fortinet NSE 4
• Checkpoint CCSA
• CCIE R&S or CCIE SEC (current)
• CCNA Voice
• CCNA Wireless
• Palo Alto PCNSE
• HPE Master ASE - FlexNetwork Solutions
• Fortinet NSE 5 or NSE 6
• Checkpoint CCSE
• Experience, certifications and/or in-depth knowledge on Juniper and F5
Experience and Skills
• 5 years of networking consulting experience or equivalent, preferably with experience within a Cisco Gold partner
• Full Driving License is desirable
• Understanding the importance of consulting and delivery of the project
• Excellent communication and documentation skills
• Experience in security auditing, monitoring & troubleshooting skills
• Ability to use advanced troubleshooting skills like wireshark
• Experience of working in multiple complex high demanding projects
• Excellent understanding of a project life-cycle setting correct expectations with the customers upfront
• A desire and proven capability to deliver quality projects/outputs
• Commercial acumen
• Deep technical and commercial understanding of networking portfolio of Cisco Catalyst, Nexus, SVI’s, VLAN, ACI, Voice and Wireless along with strong knowledge of the surrounding technologies and platforms.
• Experience in Data Centre Migrations
• Excellent knowledge on routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP
• Experience with Cisco ACI Fabric
• Technology industry awareness and experience
• Ability to work within a fast-paced environment and to tight deadlines, supporting a constant growth momentum
Before you apply why not take a look at the top ten reasons to work for CDW!
Please note, your application will be retained for a period of six months. After this period it will be removed from our systems.
To apply for this position, please click ‘Apply Now' and send your CV and a covering letter.