Senior Technician (Level 2)
Closing date: 01 February 2019
Ref Num: A5182
- Ambitious to grow a successful career within CDW?
- Motivated by working in a busy environment?
- A self-starter with the ability to use your own initiative?
If so the recruitment team wants to hear from you by 12pm on 1 February 2019 quoting reference A5182.
A Senior Level 2 Technician is responsible for installing and configuring hardware and software on a high volume of a very varied range of IT hardware for customers on a daily basis. The senior nature of the role denotes the technical skill and maturity required. Experience configuring Networking and other datacentre equipment is essential at this level and experience with imaging devices using methods such as MDT, WDS, SCCM etc.. and an understanding of how those methods are employed, would help greatly though training will be given. Showing a high level of understanding of the CDW way and demonstrating its core values will be expected.
Please download the job specification for further information.
Knowledge and Experience
- Desired 12 months experience in the L2 Technician role or similar experience
- Holding or working towards CCNA or similar networking qualification would be an advantage
- Datacentre work experience an advantage but not essential
- Proven analytical skills and the ability to solve problems and feedback to others
- Ability to share knowledge with others to aid team development
- Demonstrate the ability to handle projects and feedback to other parties on progress, issues, resolutions etc..
- Very good organisational skills and ability to keep focus on quality
- Ability to quickly learn about new technologies and keep pace with an ever-changing industry
- Ability to show flexibility to help the changing needs of the department
- Ability to assemble and disassemble computer equipment, mechanically inclined
- Preferred A + Certification or an equivalent combination of education and experience with the ability to demonstrate knowledge
- Preferably working towards or holding relevant certifications such as MTA, MCSA, MCSE, Server +, Network +, Security +, CMNA etc….
- Show a clear path towards obtaining relevant certifications and learn new technology.
- Preferably GCSE in English & Maths
- Basic warehousing experience would be an advantage
Before you apply, why not take a look at the top ten reasons to work for CDW!
Please note, your application will be retained for a period of 6 months after this period it will be removed from our systems.
To apply for this position, please click ‘Apply Now' and send your CV and a covering letter.