Security and Patch Management Engineer
Closing date: 15 February 2019
Ref Num: A5334
CDW UK seeks Security and Patch Management Engineer to join the team in Peterborough.
- Able to work in a team while supporting team members?
- Keen to take ownership of and progress incidents to resolution?
- Able to thrive while working under pressure?
If so, the Recruitment team wants to hear from you by midday on 15 February 2019 quoting reference A5334.
• Respond to incidents logged on the Incident Management system and provide end users with a technical solution within Service Level Agreements
• Monitor, progress, and resolve incidents whilst ensuring customer satisfaction through proactive updates, frequent contact and escalation where necessary
• Provide a point of technical escalation and expertise
• Provide technical assistance to on-going projects and the transition of new customers when required
• Ensure all implemented solutions are backed up with documentation, training and expertise within the Service Desk and Support areas
• Perform Daily, Weekly and Monthly scheduled tasks relating to Patching and AV management when required
• Provide assistance to Team members, Service Teams and Customers as required
• Escalate potential service issues initially with Team Leader /Service Delivery Manager
• Escalate potential problem issues with Problem and Incident Management
• Recommend and deploy changes via the change management process when required
• Act as a role model for technical competence, helpfulness, facilitation of learning and teamwork
• Actively seek to improve and grow own skill and knowledge base in appropriate areas
For full details of the role and requirements, please download the job spec here.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Educated to GCSE level in Maths and English or equivalent
- At least 2 – 3 years’ experience in a similar SLA driven support role
- Good knowledge of IT platforms, equipment and applications
- Proven Customer service Skills
- Industry recognised qualifications in relevant areas.
- Knowledge / experience in the following technologies
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- Windows Workstation 7/8/8.1/10
- Patch Management
- SEPM and other mainstream AV solutions (e.g. Sophos, Kaspersky, etc.)
- Backup and Restore (VMWare, Backup Exec, etc.) basics
- Basic networking
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
- Security Clearance (SC) advantageous
- Any Industry recognised qualifications or certifications an advantage
- Experienced in ITIL best practices desirable. Ideally holding an ITIL Foundation certification (V2 or V3).
Before you apply why not take a look at the top ten reasons to join CDW...
Please note, your application will be retained for a period of six months. After this period it will be removed from our systems.
To apply for this position, please click ‘Apply Now' and send your CV and a covering letter.