Security and Patch Management Engineer
Closing date: 04 December 2020
Ref Num: A7434
CDW UK seeks Security and Patch Management Engineer to join the team in Peterborough.
- Have proven Customer Service skills
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have at least 2-3 years' experience in a similar SLA driven support role
If so, the Recruitment team wants to hear from you by midday on 4 December 2020 quoting reference A7434.
- Respond to incidents logged on the Incident Management system and provide end users with a technical solution within Service Level Agreements
- Monitor, progress, and resolve incidents whilst ensuring customer satisfaction through proactive updates, frequent contact and escalation where necessary
- Provide a point of technical escalation and expertise
- Provide technical assistance to on-going projects and the transition of new customers when required
- Ensure all implemented solutions are backed up with documentation, training and expertise within the Service Desk and Support areas
- Perform Daily, Weekly and Monthly scheduled tasks relating to Patching and AV management when required
- Provide assistance to Team members, Service Teams and Customers as required
- Escalate potential service issues initially with Team Leader / Service Delivery Manager
- Escalate potential problem issues with Problem and Incident Management
- Recommend and deploy changes via the change management process when required
- Act as a role model for technical competence, helpfulness, facilitation of learning and teamwork
- Actively seek to improve and grow own skill and knowledge base in appropriate areas
- Proactively maintain and develop knowledge, skills and experience through client contact, industry sources, formalised training and development plan
- Work with consultants to better understand issues and resolutions
- Provide 24/7/365 remote support on a 4 on 4 off basis covering days and nights alternatively. Day shifts run from 09:00 to 21:00 and night shifts from 21:00 to 09:00
Please download the full job specification here for more information.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Educated to GCSE level in Maths and English or equivalent
- At least 2 – 3 years’ experience in a similar SLA driven support role
- Good knowledge of IT platforms, equipment and applications
- Proven Customer Service skills
- Industry recognised qualifications in relevant areas
- Knowledge / experience in the following technologies
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- Windows Workstation 7/8/8.1/10
- Patch Management
- SEPM and other mainstream AV solutions (e.g. Sophos, Kaspersky etc.)
- Backup and Restore basics (VMWare, Backup Exec etc.)
- Basic networking
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
- Security Clearance advantageous
- Any Industry recognised qualifications or certifications an advantage
- Experienced in ITIL best practices desirable. Ideally holding an ITIL Foundation certification (V2 or V3).
Before you apply why not take a look at the top ten reasons to join CDW...
Please note, your application will be retained for a period of six months. After this period it will be removed from our systems.
To apply for this position, please click ‘Apply Now' and send your CV and a covering letter.