Security and Patch Management Engineer
Closing date: 21 November 2018
Ref Num: A4846
Are you looking for a new opportunity where you will be responsible for providing end users with a technical solutions within SLA?
• Keen to take ownership of and progress incidents to resolution?
• Able to thrive while working under pressure?
• Professional with a can-do attitude at all times?
If so, the Recruitment team wants to hear from you on 07 November 2018!
• Respond to incidents logged on the Incident Management system and provide end users with a technical solution within Service Level Agreements
• Monitor, progress, and resolve incidents whilst ensuring customer satisfaction through proactive updates, frequent contact and escalation where necessary
• Provide a point of technical escalation and expertise
• Provide technical assistance to on-going projects and the transition of new customers when required
• Ensure all implemented solutions are backed up with documentation, training and expertise within the Service Desk and Support areas
• Perform Daily, Weekly and Monthly scheduled tasks relating to Patching and AV management when required
• Provide assistance to Team members, Service Teams and Customers as required
• Escalate potential service issues initially with Team Leader /Service Delivery Manager
• Escalate potential problem issues with Problem and Incident Management
• Recommend and deploy changes via the change management process when required
• Act as a role model for technical competence, helpfulness, facilitation of learning and teamwork
• Actively seek to improve and grow own skill and knowledge base in appropriate areas
Essential Knowledge and Experience
• Educated to GCSE level in Maths and English or equivalent
• At least 2 – 3 years’ experience in a similar SLA driven support role
• Good knowledge of IT platforms, equipment and applications
• Proven Customer service Skills
• Industry recognised qualifications in relevant areas
• Knowledge / experience in the following technologies
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- Windows Workstation 7/8/8.1/10
- Patch Management
- SEPM and other mainstream AV solutions (e.g. Sophos, Kaspersky, etc.)
- Backup and Restore (VMWare, Backup Exec, etc.) basics
- Basic networking
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
• Security Clearance (SC) advantageous
• Any Industry recognised qualifications or certifications an advantage
• Experienced in ITIL best practices desirable. Ideally holding an ITIL Foundation certification (V2 or V3)
Before you apply why not take a look at the top ten reasons to join CDW...
Please note, your application will be retained for a period of six months. After this period it will be removed from our systems.
To apply for this position, please click ‘Apply Now' and send your CV and a covering letter.