Security and Patch Management Engineer
Closing date: 28 March 2018
Ref Num: 3434/3435
Are you looking for a challenging role where you will be an integral member of the team and provide a point of technical escalation and expertise?
• Able to take ownership of incidents and progress them to resolution?
• Accustomed to working under pressure?
• Experienced in providing excellent customer service?
If so, the Recruitment team wants to hear from you by noon on 28 March 2018!
• Respond to incidents logged on the Incident Management system and provide end users with a technical solution within Service Level Agreements.
• Monitor, progress, and resolve incidents whilst ensuring customer satisfaction through proactive updates, frequent contact and escalation where necessary.
• Provide a point of technical escalation and expertise.
• Provide technical assistance to on-going projects and the transition of new customers when required.
• Ensure all implemented solutions are backed up with documentation, training and expertise within the Service Desk and Support areas.
• Perform Daily, Weekly and Monthly scheduled tasks relating to Patching and AV management when required.
• Provide assistance to Team members, Service Teams and Customers as required.
• Escalate potential service issues initially with Team Leader /Service Delivery Manager.
• Escalate potential problem issues with Problem and Incident Management.
• Recommend and deploy changes via the change management process when required.
• Act as a role model for technical competence, helpfulness, facilitation of learning and teamwork.
• Actively seek to improve and grow own skill and knowledge base in appropriate areas.
• Proactively maintain and develop knowledge, skills and experience through client contact, industry sources, formalised training and development plan.
• Work with consultants to better understand issues and resolutions.
• Provide remote support on a rota: 4 shifts – Nights – 9:00pm to 09:00am, 4 days – Off
Knowledge and Experience
• At least 2 – 3 years’ experience in a similar SLA driven support role
• Good knowledge of IT platforms, equipment and applications.
• Proven Customer service Skills .
• Industry recognised qualifications in relevant areas.
• Knowledge / experience in the following technologies.
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- Windows Workstation 7/8/8.1/10
- Patch Management
- SEPM and other mainstream AV solutions (e.g. Sophos, Kaspersky, etc.)
- Backup and Restore (VMWare, Backup Exec, etc.) basics
- Basic networking.
• Security Clearance (SC) advantageous
• Any Industry recognised qualifications or certifications an advantage.
• Experienced in ITIL best practices desirable. Ideally holding an ITIL Foundation certification (V2 or V3).
This role will be required to complete security clearance checks.
Before you apply why not take a look at the top ten reasons to join CDW...
Please note, your application will be retained for a period of six months. After this period it will be removed from our systems.
To apply for this position, please click ‘Apply Now' and send your CV and a covering letter.