NOC Storage Engineer (12 month FTC)
Closing date: 05 January 2018
Ref Num: 3032
The NOC team are currently recruiting for an punctual and reliable addition to their department in Peterborough for a 12 month fixed term contract.
Are you looking for a challenging role where you will be responsible for ensuring incidents are resolved within SLA?
• A strong communicator with the ability to work under pressure?
• Team focussed with excellent customer service skills?
• Confident in your knowledge and experience of VMware?
If so, the Recruitment team wants to hear from you by noon on 05 January 2018!
The successful applicant will take on the following responsibilities:
• Respond to incidents logged on the Incident Management system and provide end users with a technical solution within Service Level Agreements.
• Provide a point of technical escalation and expertise.
• Provide technical assistance to on-going projects when required.
• Assist in maintaining uptime of storage infrastructure and customer solutions
• Assist with the on-going development of the core storage strategy
• Ensure all implemented solutions are backed up with documentation, training and expertise within the Service desk and Support areas.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
• 5 years’ experience in a similar SLA driven support role
• Thorough knowledge and experience of VMWare with VCP accreditation on V6.0 or above
• Extensive experience of working on Enterprise level environments
• Advanced Microsoft Server operating system knowledge.
• Experienced in ITIL best practices desirable. Ideally holding an ITIL Foundation certification V3
• Proven Customer service skills
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
• Any Storage Experience with either, NetApp, HP 3PAR or EMC VNX
• vRealize Orchestrator
• Riverbed Experience
Please note, your application will be retained for a period of six months. After this period it will be removed from our systems.
To apply for this position, please click ‘Apply Now' and send your CV and a covering letter.