Monitoring and Discovery Tools Engineer
Closing date: 25 May 2018
Ref Num: 3651
CDW is hiring!
Are you looking for a technical role where you will be responsible for timely implementation and project completion for the NOC department?
• Have the ability to work in a team to support team members?
• Have a good awareness of IT platforms, equipment and applications?
• Good communication skills and the ability to work well under pressure?
If so, the Recruitment team wants to hear from you by noon on 25 May 2018!
Knowledge and Experience
The ideal candidate will be educated to GCSE level in Maths and English or equivalent, and will be able to demonstrate a good awareness of IT platforms, equipment and applications.
A minimum of 2 years’ experience as an analyst within an IT environment or equivalent working with:
• Windows and Server Operating Systems, virtualisation platforms (VMware, Citrix etc.)
• Common major Windows server applications (AD, Exchange, BES, Sharepoint, IIS etc.)
• Basic networking
• Hardware platforms, servers, storage and networks
Understanding of the ITIL framework and knowledge of the various associated disciplines
Experience of one or more of the following is desirable:
Any monitoring toolset, New Relic, Solarwinds, Sciencelogic, Nagios, N-Central, Cisco Smartcollector.
Other advantageous skills:
SQL, Linux, Python, PHP, Powershell, SNMP, VMWare,
Security Clearance is an advantage.
Before you apply, why not take a look at the top ten reasons to join CDW...
Please note, your application will be retained for a period of six months. After this period it will be removed from our systems.
To apply for this position, please click ‘Apply Now' and send your CV and a covering letter.