Mid-Level Network Engineer
Closing date: 20 April 2020
Ref Num: A7854
CDW UK seeks Mid-Level Network Engineer to join the Managed Services team in London.
- Have excellent communication skills?
- Have excellent time management and organisational skills?
- Have experience of working within a Network Management or Operations Centre environment?
If so we want to hear from you. When applying please quote reference A7854. Your application needs to be with the Recruitment team by 20 April 2020...
As a Network Support Engineer, you will be working on our Clients site providing support, this will involve the monitoring and management of our client's internal network, as well as supporting key client across both their European Enterprise network environment.
The main responsibilities in the role will be identifying, diagnosing, managing and resolving incidents, minimising the impact of any network outage and customer downtime.
You will be expected to ensure that customer SLA's are achieved for all services using Network Monitoring and end-to-end Incident Management processes.
Read the full job description here.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years in Networking with a broad understanding of IT
- Cisco CCNA or higher
- CCSA (checkpoint)
- Cisco Meraki Certification, and experience of managing Meraki networks
- Azure networking experience
- ITIL certified
- Aruba wireless exposure
- Service Now Experience
- SolarWinds Monitoring experience
- Checkpoint administration –rule administration / reading logs
- Wireless troubleshooting
- Education - GCSE or equivalent
- Technical - CDW L3
- CompTIA A+, N+, Server +
- CCNP (or higher)
Desired Experience and Skills
- Understanding the importance of business processes and compliance
- Server / Infrastructure AD experience
- Microsoft Azure experience
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Flexibility – nationwide travel may be required
- A good theoretical and practical approach to diagnosing problems
- Ability to work independently on a wide range of products
- Microsoft Office knowledge -Word, Excel and Outlook
- Customer support skills
- Experience of user MAC's
- Good all-round understanding of hardware maintenance/break-fix
- Experience of working within a Network Management or Operations Centre environment
- Experience with network monitoring tools
Before you apply why not take a look at the top ten reasons to join CDW...
Please note, your application will be retained for a period of six months. After this period it will be removed from our systems.
To apply for this position, please click ‘Apply Now' and send your CV and a covering letter.