Closing date: 13 June 2018
Ref Num: 3798
The Legal department are currently recruiting for a hard working and experienced addition to their team.
Are you looking for a challenging opportunity where you will be responsible for drafting, negotiating and advising upon contracts?
• Detail focused, well organised and able to manage time efficiently?
• Able to demonstrate the ability to work under pressure and manage multiple assignment and priorities?
• Confident to communicate and work effectively with the department and across business units?
If so, the Recruitment team wants to hear from you by noon on 13 June 2018!
Reporting to the Senior Corporate Counsel, this position provides commercially minded and pragmatic legal support on a variety of matters; along with drafting, negotiating and advising upon contracts for IT procurement, maintenance and professional services, managed, and cloud Services. The role will assist on a broad range of commercial contracts, employment matters, data protection, litigation/dispute management, real estate, corporate compliance and others as required.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Engage in all commercial contracting for the CDW UK business, including the primary operations in the UK and those in other operating subsidiaries outside the U.S. and Canada, including Dubai, Ireland, Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia and South Africa
• Provide support to CDW UK business leaders and provide practical, business-minded advice in the development of new technology service and solution offerings to customers
• Coordinate closely with both the Senior Corporate Counsel and colleagues in Canada and the U.S. to negotiate global agreements with customers, partners and suppliers
• Provide legal counsel on diverse regulatory and compliance matters, including those impacting sales to government entities
• Keep up to date with legal and regulatory developments affecting the business and provide practical training, communication, and advice to CDW UK management and co-workers regarding such developments
• Proactively identify legal trends within the business and initiate practical solutions
• Provide legal support to the procurement tendering process, particularly with regard to large-scale complex Public Sector deals
• Qualified Solicitor
• 4-6 PQE
• Commercial transactional legal experience required, ideally within a Technology environment
• Proven ability to resolve complex legal issues in a practical manner and to grasp creative/complex business ideas and express them clearly and concisely in a written product
• Previous experience of working in the IT reseller industry will be advantageous
• Previous experience of working in a multinational company is desirable
• Experience advising on employment issues will be advantageous
Before you apply, why not take a look at the top ten reasons to join CDW...
Please note, your application will be retained for a period of six months after which time it will be removed from our systems.
To apply for this position, please click ‘Apply Now' and send your CV and a covering letter.