Closing date: 29 May 2018
Ref Num: 3801
CDW UK seeks experienced and personable individual to join the team in London as an International Buyer.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity where you will be responsible for negotiation, maximising margins and ensuring the best price?
·Able to work to challenging deadlines?
· Self-motivated and proactive?
· Capable of multi-tasking while efficiently managing time and resources?
If so, the Recruitment team wants to hear from you by noon on 29 May 2018!
• To ensure the service level to our customers is maximized through a combination of efficient purchasing, at the best possible price
• Develop supplier relationships for a given product set: ensure suppliers always provide information related to deals and promotions and use this information to negotiate better deals. This relationship can be supported by regular meetings where necessary
• To negotiate at any opportunity, to maximise margins, ensuring best price
• Liaise with sales teams to communicate any issues arising with their orders
• Clear and concise interaction with all company departments; notably the sales department
• Ensure purchase orders are loaded correctly to enable quick payment of invoices
• Ensure all changes to purchase orders are recorded on the system
• Liaise with warehouse to ensure any issues can be resolved in a timely fashion
• Provide cover for other members of the department as necessary and perform other tasks if requested from time to time by the Purchasing Manager
Knowledge and Experience
• Experience of working in a procurement role, ideally within IT (Understanding of core CDW vendors, beneficial)
• Experience dealing with international suppliers beneficial
• Experienced in dealing with suppliers and contractors, and negotiations to ensure best cost and quality
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure
• Highly motivated with ability to work under own initiative, making decisions to benefit the business
• Demonstrated attention to detail, time management and organizational skills
• Microsoft Office skills, preferably including: Excel and Word but not essential
Before you apply, why not take a look at the top ten reasons to join CDW...
Please note, your application will be retained for a period of six months after which time it will be removed from our systems.
To apply for this position, please click ‘Apply Now' and send your CV and a covering letter.