Closing date: 31 July 2020
Ref Num: A8110
CDW UK seeks punctual and reliable Infrastructure Consultant to join the team in Peterborough.
- Have proven customer service skills?
- Have at least 3 years experience in a similar SLA driven support role?
- Have good communication skills, verbal and written up to and including C level?
The successful applicant will be responsible for the configuration, deployment, testing, maintenance, monitoring and trouble resolutions of infrastructure components to provide a robust, industry standard, infrastructure platform.
Download the full job specification to learn more about the role.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- At least 3 years' experience in a similar SLA driven support role
- Proven customer service skills
- Proven experience in supporting complex server and storage infrastructure, delivering projects and associated changes
- Industry recognised qualifications in relevant areas of current Microsoft Server operating systems
- Solid understanding of Citrix Workplace –Virtual Apps and Desktops
- Solid understanding of virtualisation technologies
- Solid understanding of storage and backup technologies
- Knowledge of IT security concepts and best practice
- ITIL Service Operations Framework (Incident, Change, Problem and Major Incident Management
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
- Hands on knowledge of VMware environments –6.7+
- Hands on Azure / AWS
- Hands on knowledge of SAN storage
- Hands on knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server
- Knowledge of Server Hardware
- PowerShell scripting
- Microsoft Clustering
- Public Cloud exposure
- Exposure to Linux OS (i.e. Debian /Ubuntu)
- Understanding of Networking fundamentals
Before you apply, why not take a look at the top ten reasons to join CDW...
Please note, your application will be retained for a period of six months. After this period it will be removed from our systems.
To apply for this position, please click ‘Apply Now' and send your CV and a covering letter.