Desktop and Infrastructure Engineer
Closing date: 26 October 2018
Location: On Site (London)
Ref Num: 4815
CDW UK seeks Desktop and Infrastructure Engineer.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity where you will be responsible for assisting with the deployment of new systems?
• Keen to build productive working relationships with local and remote personnel?
• Passionate with a can-do attitude at all times?
• Able to thrive while working under pressure?
If so, the Recruitment team wants to hear from you by noon on 26 October 2018!
Please download the job specification here to find out more about the main responsibilities of the role.
• Experience supporting a Microsoft desktop and server environment and must be proficient in the management of Windows 7 -> 2012 R2 and Office 2010 as a minimum.
• Proficient using Active Directory for user administration tasks and Group Policy.
• Good understanding of WAN/LAN management concepts.
• Strong communicator with the ability to convey technical information clearly to both technical and non-technical users.
• Must be a quick learner who is keen to pick up new technologies.
• Good problem solving and diagnostic skills.
• Able to work well under pressure and to independently prioritise conflicting demands.
• Scripting (Powershell, Windows Shell Scripting).
• Knowledge of Microsoft server technologies (Exchange, SQL Server, System Centre Configuration Manager, Sharepoint).
• Experience of configuration tasks in Cisco Call Manager.
• Familiar with Symantec Backup Exec or Enterprise Vault.
Experience and Skills
• Understanding the importance of business processes and compliance
• Understanding of working in a controlled, risk averse environment
• Excellent communication skills
• Microsoft Office knowledge - Word, Excel and Outlook
• Customer support skills
• Experience of user move and changes
• Good all round understanding of hardware maintenance/break-fix
• Understanding of ITIL practice
Before you apply, please take a look at the top ten reasons to join CDW...
Please note, your application will be retained for a period of 6 months after which time it will be removed from our systems.
To apply for this position, please click ‘Apply Now' and send your CV and a covering letter.