Closing date: 16 March 2018
Ref Num: 3362/3274
Two honest, hard-working, self-motivated individuals wanted to join the CDW UK team as a Buyers working from the London office.
Are you looking for a fast-paced role within procurement where experience is not essential?
• Driven and determined, with excellent negotiating skills?
• Highly organised and detail focussed, with the ability to work to deadlines?
• Passionate about making positive changes and building supplier relationships?
If so, the Recruitment team wants to hear from you by noon on 16 March 2018! We offer a fantastic package of benefits and the opportunity to make a real difference to your career.
The successful candidate will;
• Develop supplier relationships for a given product set: ensuring suppliers always provide information related to deals and promotions and use this information to negotiate better deals.
• Negotiate at any opportunity, to maximise margins, ensuring best price
• Liaise with sales teams to communicate any issues arising with their orders
• Ensure purchase orders are loaded correctly to enable quick payment of invoices
• Ensure all changes to purchase orders are recorded on the system
• Liaise with warehouse to ensure any issues can be resolved in a timely fashion
• Provide cover for other members of the department as necessary and perform other tasks if requested from time to time by the Category Manager
• Support less experienced members of the team in the education of best practice and process
Knowledge and Experience
• Experience of working in a procurement role, ideally within IT (Understanding of core CDW vendors, beneficial)
• Experienced in dealing with suppliers and contractors, and negotiations to ensure best cost and quality
• Excellent numeracy skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure
• Highly motivated with ability to work under own initiative, making decisions to benefit the business
• Demonstrated attention to detail, time management and organizational skills
• Microsoft Office skills, preferably including: Excel and Word but not essential
Before you apply, why not take a look at the top ten reasons to join CDW...
Please note, your application will be retained for a period of six months. After this period it will be removed from our systems.
To apply for this position, please click ‘Apply Now' and send your CV and a covering letter.