Closing date: 22 March 2019
Ref Num: A5590
CDW UK Seeks Bid Manager to join the team.
- Confident at interacting with subject matter experts and customers?
- Self-motivated and driven by challenges?
- Passionate about what you do?
If so the Recruitment team wants to hear from you by 22 March 2019.
The CDW Bid Manager is responsible for managing opportunities from qualification through to contract award. This includes the identification of the value proposition/strategy development.
For each opportunity, the Bid Manager must work closely with the CDW Account Management team to identify and establish a virtual bidding team. The team typically includes representation from CDW’s sales, business development management, solutions and project management departments..
The Bid Manager is responsible for leading the virtual bid team to deliver a high quality, compliant and compelling bid response. To achieve this they must maintain a comprehensive bid plan which proactively tracks progress of key output as well as managing risk. The plan must include key bid milestones such as document approvals and bid submission.
This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure to meet challenging deadlines. It will require strong people management and commercial skills.
Download the job specification to learn more.
- Degree level education in relevant discipline or equivalent (preferably English)
- APMP Foundation certification essential
- APMP Practitioner, PRINCE2 Foundation and/or ITIL v3 Foundation certifications desirable
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience
Skills and Experience
- A demonstrable track record within a bidding environment and good understanding of best practice bidding methodologies
- Skilled at building strong relationships with sales teams and internal resources to respond effectively to business opportunities
- Experience within the technology sector, especially within supply chain or technical bidding
- Advanced skills in Office 365 applications, including SharePoint Online essential
- Skills in InDesign, Power BI and Qorus Document Builder desirable
- Good understanding of technology and IT services concepts
- Good understanding of public sector frameworks and consortia purchasing mechanisms
- Ability to direct, manage, lead and motivate bid teams
- Ability to manage complex daily activity comprising multiple work streams and team members
Before you apply, why not take a look at the top ten reasons to join CDW...
Please note, your application will be retained for a period of six months. After this period it will be removed from our systems.
To apply for this position, please click ‘Apply Now' and send your CV and a covering letter.