Bid Manager (12 month FTC)
Closing date: 25 July 2019
Ref Num: A6365
CDW UK Seeks Bid Manager to join the team for a 12 month fixed term contract.
- Confident at presenting and explaining complex subjects to a variety of audiences?
- Self-motivated and driven by challenges?
- Passionate about what you do?
If so the Recruitment team wants to hear from you by 25 July 2019 quoting reference A6365.
CDW’s Bid Management team facilitates the proposal development process from qualification to contract award. They oversee the creation of presales documentation and presentations for prospects and trading customers, both in proactive and responsive scenarios.
Bid Managers produce the tendering plan and establish the virtual bidding team, which typically includes representation from CDW’s sales, business development management, solutions and project management departments. They work closely with account managers to produce cost models and track completion of written assignments. They also organise appropriate document approvals and bid submission.
Download the job specification to learn more.
- Degree level education in relevant discipline (preferably English)
- APMP Foundation certification essential
- APMP Practitioner, PRINCE2 Foundation and/or ITIL v3 Foundation certifications desirable
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience
Skills and Experience
- A demonstrable track record within a bidding environment and good understanding of best practice bidding methodologies
- Skilled at building strong relationships with sales teams and internal resources to respond effectively to business opportunities
- Experience within the technology sector, especially within supply chain or technical bidding
- Advanced skills in Office 365 applications, including SharePoint Online essential
- Skills in InDesign, Power BI and Qorus Document Builder desirable
- Good understanding of technology and IT services concepts
- Good understanding of public sector frameworks and consortia purchasing mechanisms
- Ability to direct, manage, lead and motivate bid teams
- Ability to manage complex daily activity comprising multiple work streams and team members
Before you apply, why not take a look at the top ten reasons to join CDW...
Please note, your application will be retained for a period of six months. After this period it will be removed from our systems.
To apply for this position, please click ‘Apply Now' and send your CV and a covering letter.