3rd Line Network Engineer
Closing date: 30 March 2018
Ref Num: 3373
Are you looking for a challenging role where you will be responsible for responding to BAU 3rd Line incidents and providing Managed Firewall Services?
• A strong communicator with excellent customer service skills?
• Team focussed and able to act as a role model for technical competence?
• Experienced in taking ownership of incidents and progressing them to resolution?
If so, the Recruitment team wants to hear from you by noon on 30 March 2018!
Main Purpose of Job
Respond to incidents logged in the Incident Management system and provide end users with a technical solution within Service Level Agreements.
• Firewall Management
• Incident Diagnostics and Assistance
• Log Monitoring and Analysis
• Rule base Auditing and Advisory
• Device Software Upgrades, Patches and Bug Fixes
• Configuration Backup / Restore
• Rule base and Network Configuration Change Management
Provide a point of technical escalation and expertise.
Provide support as part of the 24x7 out of hour’s rota.
Maintain technical accreditations in line with catalogued services.
Escalate potential service issues initially with Team Leader/Service Desk Delivery Manager /Service Delivery Managers.
Escalate potential problem issues with Problem and Incident Management.
Recommend and deploy changes via the change management process when required.
Act as a role model for technical competence, helpfulness, facilitation of learning and teamwork.
Provide assistance to Team members and Analysts as required.
Pro-actively maintain and develop knowledge, skills and experience through client contact, industry sources, formalised training and development plan.
Work with consultants to better understand issues and solutions.
Provide technical assistance to on-going projects and the transition of new customers when required.
Knowledge and Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar SLA driven support role
- Proven Customer service Skills
- Proven experience delivering projects and complex changes.
- Industry recognised qualifications in relevant areas.
- Extensive and proven experience in one or some of the below technologies.
- Palo Alto
- Citrix NetScaler
- Cisco technologies including switching and routing.
- Cisco Nexus (5k, 7k).
- Cisco Call Manager.
- Basic knowledge of ITIL
- Security Clearance (SC) advantageous
Before you apply why not take a look at the top ten reasons to join CDW...
Please note, your application will be retained for a period of six months. After this period it will be removed from our systems.
To apply for this position, please click ‘Apply Now' and send your CV and a covering letter.