3rd Line EUC Engineer
Closing date: 16 June 2018
Ref Num: 3826
CDW UK seeks experienced 3rd Line EUC Engineer to join the team in Peterborough.
Are you looking for a technical role where you will be responsible for responding to incidents logged on the Incident Management system?
• Positive, enthusiastic and a supportive individual?
• Able to work in a team and support other team members?
• A good communicator with the ability to work well under pressure?
If so, the Recruitment team wants to hear from you by noon on 16 June 2018!
Respond to incidents logged on the Incident Management system and provide end users with a technical solution within Service Level Agreements.
Provide assistance to 1st and 2nd Line Analysts.
Provide remote support as part of the 24x7 out of hour’s rota.
Provide a point of technical escalation and expertise.
Proactively maintain and develop knowledge, skills and experience through client contact, industry sources, formalised training and development plans.
Escalate potential service issues initially with Team Leader/Service Desk Delivery Manager/Service Delivery Manager.
Escalate potential problem issues with Problem and Incident Management.
Act as a role model for technical competence, helpfulness, facilitation of learning and teamwork.
Recommend and deploy changes via the change management process when required.
Provide technical assistance to on-going projects when required.
Assist in maintaining uptime of Citrix infrastructure and customer solutions
Assist with the on-going development of the core infrastructure strategy
Ensure all implemented solutions are backed up with documentation, training and expertise within the Service Desk and Support areas.
Actively seek to improve and grow own skill and knowledge base in appropriate areas.
• At least 3 years’ experience as a 3rd Line engineer within a similar environment or equivalent
• Respond to Customers either by telephone, electronically or face to face.
• Citrix XenApp / XenDesktop Support Experience
• Citrix Provisioning Services / Machine Creation Services support experience
• Hypervisor (XenServer, ESX and/or Hyper-V) Experience
• Remote Access (NetScaler / RDS Web) Experience
• Microsoft Terminal Services / Remote Desktop Services Experience
• Valid Citrix Certified Administator / Associate Accreditation
• Citrix NetScaler and its capabilities within an EUC platform
• Awareness of Atlantis ILIO and its capabilities within an EUC platform
• Knowledge of other EUC technologies eg. AppSense, VMware Horizon, RES etc.
• Valid Vendor Accreditations within the area of EUC.
• Windows 2012/2016 MCSE/MCITP
• Citrix Certified Professional or Citrix Certified Expert (Virtualisation, Networking or Mobility)
• Experienced in ITIL best practices desirable, ideally holding an ITIL Foundation certification (V2 or V3)
Before you apply, why not take a look at the top ten reasons to join CDW...
Please note, your application will be retained for a period of 6 months after which time it will be removed from our systems.
To apply for this position, please click ‘Apply Now' and send your CV and a covering letter.